Thursday, June 23, 2016

My New Normal


My new normal is that working out is harder than it used to be. It can be frustrating when it used to be so much more fun but then life happened. I can have fun on runs and working out I just battle more with my mood about it and my energy level for doing it. That is many people's similar problems though so I just need to keep at it. 

My new normal is that even though I keep working out regularly even on days I don't feel like it I keep gaining weight or having trouble taking any of it off. I've been told that is a problems many people with an underactive thyroid gland have even so it is hard to be motivated when I don't see results. Of course results are also intrinsic in that I like to see my friends, enjoy running trails when I can, like the feeling I get after I successfully finish a run and feel better about eating when I know I have worked out. 

My new normal is that I am asking for help. I have trouble asking for help with anything. Always have. But now I have been asking my friends to help me get out there. We are supporting each other now and that is a really good thing. Even on days when my energy is low I take some time out to do something even if it's just take a walk. And my friends have been so supportive too! I knew they would be. They ask me to group runs, support me when I am there, encourage me as I encourage them. It's like we are a team and that is what teams do!!


So I try not to get down on myself when my weight doesn't come off or stay off like it used to. I tell myself when my hormones get stabilized and things are all good with my diet and I exercise regularly I will get better, the workouts will get easier and the weight will stabilize and I will lose the extra pounds--i hope. Until then I will keep asking for help with motivation and enjoy the feel of my friends around me and not focus too much on the end game.


 

1 comment: